Monday 6 February 2023

 


Mon 6th Feb 23


I started the day at the farm and in bright sunshine and very little wind it was a pleasure to be out. Two Mistle Thrush were in the first paddocks (new for my Haven year list), but although I could hear them drumming I couldn't spot a G S Woodpecker, also noted were Chaffinch, Linnet, Skylark, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Green Woodpecker & Buzzard.

I met Dave at the Haven and we had a walk to French Point, an Oystercatcher was on the sluice rocks, no sign of Purple Sands or the Bearded Tit but a Rock Pipit, lots of Meadow Pipits and Skylark, and 2 Stonechat was about it.

From the hide: Wigeon & Teal as of late, 25 Shoveler, 4 Shelduck, 3 Gadwall, 13 Curlew, 1 Avocet, 1 Water Rail (heard only) 1 Kestrel, 1 Buzzard. DC/MR  




No comments:

Post a Comment