Thursday 10 December 2020

 


Thurs 10th Dec 20


The morning started with a message from Steve Piotrowski saying there was a Shag (NFY) sitting on the sea off the sluice but as I was nowhere near ready to get over to the site I didn't hold out much hope. Arriving on site some 45 minutes later there was no sign just 3 Cormorants, 3 Turnstone 2 Purple Sands & a lot of gulls. After spending an hour in the hide I decided to call it a day and to my amazement when I checked the gulls on the rocks there was the Shag having a preen. And as a bonus it was colour ringed. PRD/DW/MR




From the hide: 6 Mute Swans (on arable), 160 Wigeon (sitting on the sea then on scrape), 76 Teal, 4 Shelduck, 2 Buzzards, 2 Kestrel. SP/DW/MR

A Brent flock of 110 birds moved from the field behind the golf course to the arable in front of the hide and c53 Greylag were around the marsh.






No comments:

Post a Comment