Sunday 8 March 2020



Sun 8th March 20

Late start for me today as it was WeBS count weekend. I met Pete loud on his way home at the Feeding Stn. and whilst chatting we picked up a Chiffchaff beside the sewage works gate. Pete had covered most of the site in the morning and things were much the same as yesterday.
On my way to the hide I came across a single Adder and to my great surprise my first Grass Snake of the year on the mounds (see Haven Wildlife).
From the hide :  1 Black Swan, c120 Wigeon, c80 Teal, 33 Shoveler, 29 Shelduck, 3 Pintail (a pair + a single Drake), c50 Lapwing, 15 Curlew, 3 Snipe, 42 B H Gulls, 4 Herring Gulls, 1 Reed Bunting, 2 Buzzard, 1 Kestrel.


On the return 4 Purple Sandpipers were on the seawall north of the sluice.






Paul Brayshaw

12:08 Six Med Gulls on golf course. 2 pairs of adults plus single 1yr and 2yr.  Little Egret briefly in flood and two Buzzard along back hedge.

Matt Lonsdale

15:33 bushes, unfortunately no firecrest 🙁.
Sluice- 4 Purp sands, 5 Turnstone.
Scrape- 17 Shoveler (+4s), Barn Owl, Grey Heron.

John Hall

15:35 Pair Scoter close in by raised tee South.





No comments:

Post a Comment